Downtown Traders CNBC contest picks

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Picks for Today

I ended up taking NTAP and PLXS to round out my portfolio. Both cleared resistance to hit new 52 week highs on strong volume. I liked PCU and VLO but with almost 5% moves for both and no way to get out tomorrow if they pull back, I decided to pass them up. So as it stands I am holding:

Shares Ticker
5140 PLXS
5386 NTAP
5555 ADM
3125 GILD
3508 TRN


The strategy for tomorrow will be to monitor my scans and if I see something that looks good, then I will swap it out with an existing stock always keeping my max positions at 5. It's a little strange trying to plan around the limitation of buying and selling stocks only using the closing price, so it should be interesting to see how it works out.

DT

2 Comments:

  • How's you're portfolio sitting right now?

    I'm at $1,118,000....

    Check out my blog and let me know!

    By Blogger RTB, at 3:25 AM  

  • I'm at 1,008,227.75. I don't think I will jump up so much, but I am trying to get my 1-2% per day and keep on rotating and letting it compound while avoiding a disaster. What did you pick to get the nice move?

    DT

    By Blogger downtowntrader, at 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home